I came in to the office to find that the market tumbled further and further ...
And my 'to-do' list at the office seemed to grow instead of shrink.
Exhausted, I head home to find my wife heading out the door to a parent participation pre-school meeting. Just me and the kids tonight.
But, before she left, I grabbed our son Samuel and headed outside for our third bike riding lesson in the past three weeks. The previous sessions were no more than five minutes long. He has yet to demonstrate a strong inclination towards athletics, so its always a bit of an effort with this sort of stuff.
Today, on the first try ... he rode alone.
Wow. My heart just about popped out of my chest with pride as he soared with uncertainty down the street. The market's woes, the uncertainty of our collective future, my long day at the office, ... none of it mattered. Today, October 7th 2008 will be forever defined as the day I taught my son how to ride his bike.

No comments:
Post a Comment